This date nut bread recipe is perfect for a cozy fall afternoon!
One of my most favorite holiday dessert recipes that we make every year without fail uses dates and pecans. I love these two ingredients together so I wanted to see if I could use them in something totally different. So here it is…the perfect date nut bread recipe!
This bread has subtle and delicious flavors and a little sweetness without being overpowering. It would be the perfect thing to pair with a cup of tea, a book, and a blanket on a fall afternoon. That sounds perfectly dreamy to me, but if you’re not a tea person then maybe these cookies with a cup of coffee?
This recipe makes two 8-inch loaves of date nut bread and it couldn’t be easier to do.
You start by mixing together the flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix in the chopped pecans and dates. Pour the mixture into two buttered loaf pans and bake. Boom. Simple.
This recipe uses all brown sugar which helps make this bread moist and flavorful! Two eggs help give the loaves their structure and tenderness. Don’t get me started on the dates… I love them. I could have eaten the whole bag of dates just by themselves but I controlled myself this time around. No promises for next time though! Be sure you’re buy pitted dates, and if you buy them whole instead of already chopped, be sure to chop them before adding them to your mixture.
Thats all there is to it yall! I told you it was simple. So simple but so good! I’d love to know what you think if you try this recipe out or if you have any questions about the recipe leave it all in the comments below!
Date Nut Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two 8 inch loaf pans with butter. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to sugar and butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in dates and pecans until combined.
- Pour mixture evenly into pans and bake for 40 minutes.